Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rise From Death

You know how old timers say it so it sounds right; you can't have too much on your mind when you eat, but you need to eat with peace at mind.

In the midst of decision making during dinner on Monday night, I think I got caught up with a little too much thinking as of when exactly I'd fly into Seoul. As simple as it sounds, it was quite complex figuring out where and who to stay with (couple of options) and what everybody's schedule was like. I think I was just stressing 'cause it was a bit out of my control. Or maybe, it was that bucket of Tabasco sauce I poured on my dinner, AGAIN. God, I love that thing. Anyhow, I couldn't quite make out what it really was...

All the few minutes of stressing for no reason had me woozy for two days. I don't know if it was indigestion mixed with a fever or whatever it was it wasn't fun at all. I tucked myself under the warmest place in the house but yet I was freezing like a bleep. But somehow, someway I made it to Fei's apartment for dinner with the group last night for some home cooked Chinese. As hard as it was to get up I thought I had to get my mind out of being sick and get some fresh air - but ofcourse I had to rock my nae-bok (thermos) underneath them jeans, lol.

I had a great time despite it all, even greater was the food. Still salivating over it. Pictures coming soon...

** On a side note, it's quite interesting, I've been realizing more and more how the French culture is much more open to discussions of sexuality, not in terms of their identity but their experiences.

The highlight conversation of the day, between an engaged couple of Fei (Chinese) and Nico (French), they discuss their first date experiences;

"When I first met this guy, I told myself I'll never make him my boyfriend." Fei says.

"He didn't even buy me coffee on our first date! In China the man pays for everything and he split the bill!" She continued.

"That's 'cause we didn't fuck yet." Nico says laughingly but in a serious tone.

"Once we fucked, I paid for everything." Nico is serious, but we burst out in laughter.

Fei, then, reluctantly nods.

No comments: