Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Daily Reminder

A time for me in Paris was a time for me to focus on the Present. To put all my past achievements and mistakes behind, stop planning my life so far ahead that I lose sight of what I have right now. I write this, because I need to remind myself what I came here for, why I'm here and what I'm going to do here.

I need to remember it was just yet another opportunity in my life to start fresh, new and rejuvenated. Wherever I went, I always looked back on the friends I left behind and held on to them as if I had frozen the time. Surely enough, when I went back 'home' it wasn't the same because life kept going while I wasn't there. It put me down as young one, but I learned I can't be hanging on to the past like that because eventually its arms will grow tired.

On the contrary, I never used to plan my life 5 years ahead, but more like 10. I had this clear picture of who I wanted to be in that time and what I wanted to accomplish. I was so fixated on my goals I didn't just lose what was around me, but I had lost myself. It was good to have that constant motivation to achieve higher standards, though not by selling my soul. I knew then my dreams were what I desired in my life at the time but not who I was meant out to be.

So here I am today, until time tells me otherwise, to love this given moment. I need to continue to appreciate what I have, not what I used to have. I'm always guilty of that. I don't need to look so far ahead because the future will take care of itself if I continue to accept today as a gift. I don't need to freeze the time but let time walk with me. I need not to be stressed because I'm blessed in so many ways and so many times I don't even know it. Let people move on by to make room for new ones. There's no reason to hold back. Quit being bitter because at the end of the day, God never did me wrong. I need to remind myself...

I want to share this quote I really like:

"I want to walk away and not look back, because sometimes we just need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding with our minds exactly, what we want our heart to feel...We just have to go with the flow."

1 comment: