Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Recap

And so I did some thinking last night before I went to bed and reflected on my past year. If felt like I was caught in an early thunderstorm, rode the waves and somehow ended up in shore, safe at last. :) Here's a brief synopsis of what occured during the months...

January
My coworker comes over to my place and accidently knocks over my brand new furniture ($6 G's worth), only to leave without an apology, causing an office hoopla.

February
I go to court over a two year long dispute with my ex-landlord on deposit issues, then received only $120 of the $5300 owed.

March
I get convicted of my first ever DWI while still blowing under the limit of .07, when the legal limit is .08. I'm arrested at the spot, then spent a night in Central Booking, oh how lovely that was. Fine + attorney's fees ran about $1500.

April
I get into a horrid car accident while driving on the highway in the Bronx. $5 G's worth of damage with some mental shock in my brain.

May
Parted ways with a partner, things just seem to head straight downhill. So I lean towards moving to Paris, my mind almost made up.

June
Started attending Arcola Church on the regular, thanks to Marie. Went on the retreat, began making minimal changes.

July
I got connected with my trainer Brian through Mikey. Started working out and making lifestyle changes.

August
I announce my move to Paris. Flew down to Miami to see my boy Eric before I left. Threw a farewell party in Jersey and felt like I was on top of the world.

September
Make my move to Paris. Experience a culture shock, transition period. But made a trip to London and the tourist spots here along with several visitors that kept me busy.

October
Spent my 25th birthday with several friends here in Paris. One of the toughest adjusting periods, almost fell through depression.

November
Dusted myself off after a trip to Barcelona and adopted a real positive attitude and outlook on life. Things started to look good, enrolled in classes, had El & Cat visit during Thanksgiving and started playing flag football with the boys down here.

December
The positive outlook continues, everything looks gravy, spent Christmas here with pops, my mom made a return from Korea and plan to spend New Years here with them, which is even more special.

So as you can see, it started out rough, but it had a great ending to it and that's what matters most - how you finish. August was the best month of this year but November is the month that changed me forever. Everything is positive around my life, my family is well and healthy, my close circle of friends are keeping up with their positivity and myself, I'm doing just that - no longer cluttered around negativity nor negative people.

I was talking to my man Chris aka LS, and I was talking to him about how the more positive attitude I try to adapt, it seems to attract more negative people. How the influence doesn't carry over. I actually sat on this thought for days trying to analyze it before speaking to him. He came away with one simple answer that solved my long and complicated riddle:

"You see, the negativity was always there,
it's just that now that you're thinking more positive,
you notice more negativity around you."

Wow, well said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wuts good homie? keep up this positive outlook on life ya heard... positive thinking breeds positive results! 2009 looking up for u, its like i said, when youve felt you've reached your lowest level it can only go up from there... happy new year kid!