Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Brother

My biiig brother, so here's a few words from your kiiid brother, if you admire somebody you should go ahead and tell 'em, people never get the flowers while they could still smell 'em.

Most people don't even know I have a big brother. That's because we spent most of our post middle schools days a mili miles away. We grew up together until in Peru one day he left for Korea to go to college and eventually pursue a career. Ever since, we've went our serperate ways. Regardless of distance, we never forgot the fact that we're the closest people to each other in this world.

When I look back on my childhood, I honestly don't know how I would've mentally pulled through so many changes without my brother. I remember as a kid, whenever we would move to a new country, I would be so sad and lonely that I had left my friends behind. I'd look outside the window the entire day and just think about how much I missed them. At that age, that's all I cared about. But it was my big brother, who pulled me away from the window and told me it was going to be O.K. We played all sorts of games together, but our favorite was playing soccer in our living room. Sometimes our kicks would sail high and break a furniture or two and we'd be dead scared to hear it from mom when she would come back home. We'd play Robocop vs. Bad Guy, speed skating with plastic bags over our feet, sometimes get some WWF wresting action going.

Today I'm 25 and he's 28. We're three years apart but it seems like he's light years ahead of me. He has graduated from a prestigious school, happily married and makes one good living. I'm so proud of him for what he's been able to accomplish, yet I never expressed that to him. I wanted to take this time to do so. Most of the times I never got to see his maturity grow in person but every once in a while I would talk to him, his composure speaks for itself. There was a point in time I thought it'd be bizarre to see him married and start his own family. But now I can only have so much respect for him and try my best to emulate myself after him. He is definitely somebody I admire, look up to and love 'till death.

My brother works for Credit Suisse and we all know the financial market around the world has been disasterous. In these tough times of recession I hope he's able to pull through as thousands of jobs are being laid off. I'm just proud that he's been able to withstand his position 'till this day. I continue to pray for him and I hope he knows whatever may happen, our family is here with him and behind him no matter what. I just want him to know I don't know what my life would be like without him. Love you brother.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my big brotha's kyubert