Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joyeux Noël!

Merrry Christmas!

The Lord has blessed us another charming day of sunshine. As I was walking out of my apartment today, I looked up to come across an evolving realization. Considering how monumental Eiffel Tower is, helped by crouched buildings, it's never hard to notice where it stands. And today, it was just that much more fascinating.

It wasn't lit in blue elegant LED lights as it usually does after sunset with sparkling lights every hour of the night. But the way it naturally paints a picture during the day is simply enthralling. Whereby the buildings adjacent to me are so vividly clear infront of my eyes and the Eiffel Tower leaning back blends in with the sky of blur. The way it embodies each other is so natural, yet Eiffel Tower seems as if it's on its own. Such a piece of art this city is. It always makes me think, 'Wow, am I really here?', 'In Paris!?'. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. It seems as though Parisians can't quite grasp it also, as I occasionally get wonderous stares like, 'I never knew this types of human race existed, ah mon Dieu (oh my God)!' Even though I've been halfway around the world I'm always amazed at how you can be in such unique places within couple hours of a plane ride.

It's funny how observant I've become ever since I started this blog, lol.

Photobucket
I'm not sure if the picture depicts my observation but here is the view.

Annnd, as for my other daily activities, I copped me them Jordans!!!!!!!!!! These were the Air Jordans 1 Retro Highs I lost sleep over, then got tired, so I dreamt of it all along. I made it my mission to go get these today, and when I say it was a mission, it was one indeed. I went over to a closer Champs Elysees Nike store and they only had one pair of 11.5s left (with the way my pants are getting tighter each time I buy me some jeans, these days 10.5s are a fit). So I decided to leave them and head over to Chatelet again, thinking my luck will be better there. They had two pairs but only 12.5s and a 13. Ugh. Headed back to Champs Elysees, and this time ran, hoping no one copped the last pair. It was atleast a relief knowing Parisians don't have big feet (wink wink ladies). But still, I hurdled over people to see someone carressing the display sneakers I wanted. Ohhh my, I was about to faint. Dude was a little small so I knew he wasn't going to be taking them 11.5s. So at the end of the day, I became the lucky, happy jolly one coming home with it!!! But so much for Christmas spirit here, nothing is on sale :(. Though I guess this Christmas isn't so bad afterall!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jeeeeeeeeeeahhh!

Bonus of the day:
Photobucket
When I say everything is small in Paris, once again, it is. This is my shopping cart for the supermarket. Imagine me strolling through the aisles with that, lol.

No comments: