Sunday, January 18, 2009

Woof! Woof!

I've been looking forward to this moment for a long, long time. I finally got a chance to eat dog meat in Korea! Boshingtang, the kinda meat that make white people go. "No thanks, duuude." I know there's a lot of people that disagree with me on this one, haha, and being a dog owner myself I shouldn't have probably tried it but the curiousity was a bit too enticing. My brother took me to this spot in Non-Hyun Dong and it wasn't necessarily off the hook, but it was darn GOOD. It tasted like Bo-ssam but the meat was a lot more softer. I couldn't ignore the general perception that it gives men its power boost if you know what I mean ;) I should need it to knowing that I'm going 'camping' in a day haha. I'll post pictures as soon I as I get a chance.

Other than that, been busy meeting friends (seriously 5 people I can call family to) and just quickly re-adapting to Korean way of things, how they talk, walk, their slangs and mannerisms. That's been the only worry, the mental aspect of having to adapt in such a short period of time. I'm just glad I've been here before and some of the old memories are coming back. Physically I'm down to 167 pounds (I haven't been below 170 since ...) I was quite surprised because I've been consuming all kinds of junk food knowing I can't have them in a while.

Anyhow, it feels good to be here, be close with family and family-like friends I never had in Paris nor New York. Knowing you have people you can rely on is a great feeling and gives me a certain swagger difference from your own self-confidence. I haven't felt this way in a long time! Staying positive baby!

No comments: