Friday, January 9, 2009

Back To The Future

In Korea at last! But...

I hate flying.

Not to mistake hate with fear. I hate flying. It took me ten hours and fifty-nine minutes to stomach my likewise problem. Just a few seconds more I thought, but watched a few years gone by. Eleven hours into the flight, as soon as the tires hit the ground and the plane made its routine turbulence, it was out. I barfed. Like a slick terrorist, I sneaked the blanket I barfed on beneath the front seat successfully like a bomb was to go unnoticed. Then I'm sure it blew, not a real bomb, a stink bomb when it went ahead and got discovered. :)

During the flight though, I sat next to this French guy named Peter, who at first seemed obnoxiously ignorant talking on his cell phone as loud as if his eardrums fell off, was a real cool dude afterall. He was on his way to Indonesia on a connect flight from Seoul, to teach surfing, which is his occupation. He seemed to have it real good, he says he works 6 months of the year and has the rest of the 6 months off and he still gets paid during the offseason. My first thought,

'Where do I sign!?'

Please. I'll take those jobs any day. So he wasn't as fluent in English, volunteerly like any Parisian, but was very fluent in Spanish so we started conversing in it. He talked about two things majority of the time. Alcohol and women. When the subject of women came about, I expressed my disappointment in French women not really being rich in volume. He was quick to engage himself in defense mode, and gouged in his pocket for what he called 'personal' in Spanish, a digital camera with a picture of his girlfriend in a lingerie. +_+. So, where do I sign again!? Nah just playing, lol.

What I realize about Seoul is it breathes the air of convenience of everyday living. They say money is what buys it, but you don't need that when you have a country that's outerspace in technology. Internet is The Usain Bolt. My brother's navigation detects speed bumps, ridiculous. I asked him if it detects gums on the street but sadly we're not there yet. When I went to see a doc in Paris, they had a lamp. I went to an ortho here in Korea, he pulled out an ultrasound system for a ligament tear on my pinky. Public parking lot attendants don't drive the cars up the floors and take the elevator down with it, it stores a car in certain number lot and all he does is punch in the number and it will bring the car down itself.

Other than my amazement of this futuristic-ness, I'm catching up with old real homies and some of the forgotten moments of my past is dug up again, and realize my life was more interesting than I thought, lol. Spending time with my brother is always good and I'm just on cruise control, enjoying life, being thankful, staying positive like always. If you wanna break me down, you gotta go for my mind, but try me. I'm grateful for the real homies that never wavered as well, shout outs to Jun, Juan & Soo. It's 7:25am, so that means I stayed up 6 hours talking to Jun over the phone about our high school days. These moments, priceless.

No comments: