Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Far So Good

That is the best way I can describe my experience in Korea so far. I'm still in awe with all the technological advances here. I can't tell you how much it makes life easier. I thought when I came here I'd feel the 'panic' from the recession but honestly walking down the street I don't feel it much. Everybodys still going out to clubs and bars and spending their money as my brother would say. Over the past couple of days, I met up with my one of my closest homies in my lifetime, Jun and Juan both whom I met while I was living in Peru. These dudes are my brothers, and after all these years aint nothing changed between us but age. I'm really glad I have these folks here that I can look forward to meeting with. It's funny to me, 'cause if anyone saw us together now, they'd probably think how in the world we'd ever become friends. We're all real different in a sense, but it's the high school experience that brought us all together. Since back then, we'd never 'judge' a friend by 'what they do' but solely accept them for who they are. What's also great about meeting up with old folks is that each one of us have a distinct memory of all our past times, it's quite refreshing and suprising.

So I have 6 more days 'till time becomes a friend of mine and so many things are racing through my mind. Six more days my freedom is gone. It reminds me of the day I went to Central Booking for a day for a DWI case in New York and how much I told everyone it's something everybody should go through atleast once in their lifetime because of how you get to appreciate your freedom. The only difference is that was a day, this is two years that I'm talking about. I really won't know what it's like until I face it but I know almost everybody makes it out alive. That's good news, just don't drop the grenade. For the next few days I'll be meeting up with a couple of more folks I knew and watch the time fly by. Hopefully I won't run into some crazy ass people I've encountered along the way, you know, one of those Korean people asking you to go to the 'temple' with them. Weird Buddhists.

No comments: