Monday, January 19, 2009

Demolish In Order To Conquer

Life is often comparable to architecture, the way it's built from a blueprint to construction ultimately to a structure. Then so far, I love my platform. But there comes a time a structure is beyond repair and simply easier to demolish in order to be built bigger, better and more efficient.

Just like anyone else I have immense amounts of different decisions I would've made if I knew better a second time around. But I'm fortunate to be where I am through those decisions that in one way or another shaped my life the way it is today.

Who knows, I might cherish today for today because I couldn't go back and have the opportunity to change those decisions.

Earlier in the year, I made another crucial decision. No one will ever know the impact it'll have in my life until I look back in the next ten years but I have a good feeling deep down this moment, that this will change my life forever.

God must've known this was coming because I can honestly say the last couple of years truly prepared me for this moment. The deep understanding of our culture in Korea, the true lessons of survival I attained on my own in America, coupled with the valuable test of patience and optimism in Paris, it couldn't have set up more flawlessly.

And so I salute to those who raised me, my mother and father, for giving me more than they ever had in their lives, my brother for having gone through this process before me and made me proud. I thought I'd never say this, but salute to the country that fed me but raised me in better conditions.

I will miss you all and I hope to greet you guys soon when I'm back from my leave of absence. Until then, best of luck and wishes for you all truly deserve it. My year starts now!!!

No comments: