Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Horizons

A change of scenery doesn't necessarily just bring you to a new environment, people or a new culture to bode with. But a change of place brings you a change of pace, from your daily routine and from your comfort zone. And those changes combined bring you to new discoveries within yourself. The things you were never used to doing, the roads you never crossed, you realize, can actually bring light to the world you haven't seen yet.

Since the day that I was born up until this point, I can count with the fingers of one hand how many books I've read. I never liked to read, I thought it was boring and I was living in the high-tech generation preferring to see the visuals. And here I find myself today already finishing two books within a month and already that's all of what I've read up to this point. I realized how much depth reading brings and not only does it teach but it inspires. It can provide you with so much knowledge and understanding as well as motivation. And all of a sudden you find yourself having answers to the questions you had for yourself as well.

Photobucket
'A Year In The Merde' By Stephen Clarke
Stephen Clarke is a man from England who comes to Paris for work and discusses his work experience, cultural differences and many of his romances. I definitely could relate to his experiences adjusting to a new city in Paris.

Photobucket
'Become a Better You' By Joel Osteen
A book on better ways to live your life, not only through just motivation but positive outlooks and optimism. It definitely helped me crawl out of a very negative stage and I've been a positive man ever since...

No comments: