Sunday, November 23, 2008

Football Season Has Begun!

While my folks at ACC back in Jersey just ended their football season, mine just started today. Like I told my man J. Peezy, it felt like like I was fresh coming out of offseason after getting traded to Europe. As they've been playing their games I have been itching to run out there as well since I got here. So much that I took my dad to the park and started throwing the football to each other lol. Luckily, while my sister in law was in town for a business trip and as I was showing her around, I caught a buncha American dudes playing flag football. Wow, I thought what a blessing from God. It's even quite surprising to catch someone speaking English in Paris, yet alone American English is even more scarce, but American football?!?! I had to take advantage of the situation and went up to 'em like 'yo, you gotta see me play'. Lol, I'm just playing.

As I joined them on the field, my debut was already spoiled by massive cold weather mixed with rain. The field was muddy, ball was slippery and my hands were frozen to the point I couldn't feel them anymore. Although in the beginning it was a bit sloppy, once guys started to get in a groove it was all good. The most important thing was that we were all out there having a good time. I didn't quite expect a big game because it was my first, and I did just that by pulling down 3 catches, 1 TD, couple tackles and passes deflected. My biggest play came on a deep post where I made a sliding touchdown catch. But the biggest play of the game? This guy James runs deep to the endzone, QB throws a bomb, defender tips the ball, somehow spins on James's head 3 times then while it was falling, our other reciever, John happened to be running towards it & easily snatches the ball in the endzone. Hahaha, the funny thing was James had no idea where the ball was while it was spinning on his head and he had his eyes closed all cringed thinking the ball was still in the air coming after him.

Anyhow, here are some pics!
Photobucket
The before. Gotta have the right look to go with the plays. Lol.

Photobucket
Waiting to test out my new cleats.

Photobucket
The field we played on, right by Invalides - where Napoleon's soul rests.

Photobucket
After the game...

Photobucket
This guy was HILARIOUS. The dude is the biggest dude I've seen among of all skinny Parisians. Well, he wasn't French, rather had a Australian accent. He looked like he was on roids but that didn't matter. Dude wore a helmet throughout the entire game!!! I thought he was joking at first and he was going to take it off but nope. The whole game I was just hoping I didn't run into that thing haha.

Photobucket
The after. =(. I hate you rain...

No comments: