Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Gift & The Curse

By: Kyu Kim

It's been a long way around the globe, however, my life has yet been short. I just turned 25 last month and already I've been blessed to have lived in places many could only fathom.

I always thought 24 was that age when you become an adult. Maybe it was because that was the time my mother got married to my father, but I always believed by that age a stable life were to be established.

Quite the contrary, my life by far has been inconsistent and erratic. While I never found a place to call home to - something I longed for; at the quarter century mark, I found myself, once again, packing my bags to explore the city of Paris.

If you would compare my life to the NFL, I would have played for 8 different teams in 12 different systems and with team-mates having gone in and out the door year in and year out.

If you look at the history of successful players, they've stuck with one team and a coach throughout their careers. I'm probably one of those players who have yet to reach his full potential through so many changes.

Be that as it may, the road to assuming an executive role of an organization does little use what kind of a player you once was. But rather, it's those changes that you endured that allow you to diversify your potential to be ever prosperous.

Consequently, it is the now, the present, at this moment I am utterly appreciating and embracing change. A change that might hinder my growth at the moment but develop a firm approach to the future ahead.

I've had my share of wealth and misfortune. That is why I titled this piece 'The Gift & The Curse'. But because my gift outweighs the curse, therefore, it comes first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery and today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.
-B.Olatunji

Korean Candy Chic said...

Well said.. I feel u mann..