Friday, November 28, 2008

Leave No Stones Unturned

I once managed an artist that went by the name of Rook. In 2006, I discovered his music through a forum and it hit one out the ballpark. I took an aggressive approach, someway landed his number and signed him to my label that year. His first project took off and gained worldwide recognition in the independent market, with large sales distributed to Europe.

In 2008, it was evident we were going our seperate ways. As fate would have it, Rook was incarcerated for an undisclosed term. On my end, my days in New York were growing short and I would eventually make the move to Europe. However, we haven't been so far apart yet. I wrote him a postcard when I got here, and yesterday, I got a reply.

It was touching to know how someone in such unfortunate situation could view life in a brighter light than most who have it all. It was encouraging to know he wasn't just scratching out days but rather making the most of it by working out, reading, studying and even writing a book. It was inspiring, most important of all, how he's growing spiritually and closer to The Lord.

Once a bond formed through mutual respect and affection for music, we now stand as brothers under the loving forefather of The Lord. I'll never forget his last words in the letter, 'Leave no stones unturned, and live it up.'

If you know Rook in any way, shape or form he would love to hear from you. If he wrote me back all the way to Paris, he can definitely write you back. He longs your support...Please direct all letters to the address below:

Cyril Kim
P.O. Box 16700
Golden, CO 80402

Photobucket
My prayers go out to you...FREE ROOK.

No comments: